Preparing for Surgery /After Surgery
- The length of stay post–operatively varies according to the type of procedure and your physician's instructions.
- Your physician and nurse will provide written post–opertive instructions. Please follow all instructions carefully so your recovery will be as quick and comfortable as possible.
- At anytime, if you have an urgent need regarding your procedure after discharge, contact your physician or seek medical attention from a local emergency room.
- For non-emergent questions regarding your procedure post–operatively, contact the hospital staff at:
- A nurse from First Surgical Hospital will call you at home the day after your procedure to check on your recovery.
We recommend that you download a printable version of our 5 page brochure that outlines all the information contained in this section of our website. It is extremely helpful and expedites your paperwork on the day of your procedure.
Immediately After Surgery
Pre-Admission Several Days Prior to Your Surgery
You will need the Adobe Reader to view and print the above documents.